For the Nurse Practitioner Student
Congratulations on your decision to further your educational and professional development by becoming a nurse practitioner! This opportunity can be simultaneously exciting and frustrating as the responsibility most likely falls on you to secure a preceptor. Unfortunately, many schools do not provide a list of preceptors for you to choose from and locating a preceptor who actually wants to precept or have the time to do so can be difficult. Some students are actually dropped or forced to wait out one or more semesters from their NP program because they are unable to find a preceptor. We understand the struggle and want you to succeed, so let us help you take some of this pressure off!
Here’s a list of some of the placement specialties we can help you with:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
- Acute Cure Nurse Practitioner
Why Choose ANCS?
- No delays in finishing your program
- Experienced, personalized consultation
- Facilitation of paperwork between you, the school and your preceptor
- Effective communication between you and one of our trained consultants
- We offer one of the lowest rates on the market
- We love ALL of our students!
*Fees are based on the amount of hours needed and urgency of placement.
Take the Step to your Success Now! Fill out our Student Intake Form and one of our skilled consultants will contact you within 24-48 hours.
For the Preceptor
Become a Paid Preceptor
Quality nurse practitioners are in high demand within the workforce more than ever. However, in order to contribute to this level of expectation, they must be provided with efficient clinical time with preceptors who are not only experienced but who are willing to teach. As a preceptor, you may have the desire to share the knowledge and culture of the health care provider, but work demands along with other barriers can create challenges at times. Research indicates that most preceptors want to be compensated and recognized for their time and efforts because it is hard work to precept. Guess what, we actually agree with this and that is one of the reasons why ANCS was founded. We believe in saying thank you for your hard work by rewarding you with an honorarium. You are passing the torch to the next generation of health care providers, so we thank you!
Why Become a Preceptor with ANCS?
- You will contribute to the development of well-prepared Nurse Practitioners
- Becoming a mentor and sharing your wealth of knowledge with NP students is a rewarding experience
- If you or your office are considering hiring an NP in the near future, this provides an opportunity to observe whether or not that student may be a fit for your office
- Becoming a preceptor helps you to stay updated on the latest clinical information and guideline changes
- Being a preceptor often enhances your professional reputation
- Receive an honorarium for your time and engagement
- It ensures continuing excellence in the profession
- We love ALL of our preceptors
ANCS makes coming on board with us very easy for you as a preceptor. Indicate your desire to become a preceptor with us and we will simply add you to our growing list. When we get a student who is in need of your services, we will contact you by your chosen method and you can let us you know of your availability. Once we confirm that you can accept the student, we facilitate any paperwork involved and then send out an honorarium after the student has begun their rotation with you. It’s that simple.
Become an ANCS Preceptor Today. Please fill out our Preceptor Form:
For Schools of Nursing
If you have directed your students to us or you are considering doing so, ANCS thanks you for your efforts. Let us help your students achieve success and graduate from your program on time while improving pass rates for your school. We understand the challenges that you and the students face on a daily basis and we want to help you find solutions. Please contact us to find out how we can assist with your needs.